First Sight

Rating: 1/5

Buy First Sight: Book




Title: First Sight
Author: Danielle Steel
Genre: Fiction, Romance
Pages: 310
Publisher: Transworld Publishers
ISBN-13: 9780593063170



It was sometime during my college days that I read the one and only Danielle Steel book that I read (befire this one). Sadly, I dont remember the name of the book. But it was a good one and since then I have been wanting to try her books again. Her stories are usually about women and their conflicts with romance. Atleast that's what I have come to know.

First Sight is about Timmie O'Niell, a highly successful and renowned fashion designer from New York. Despite the fame and riches, Timmie has had more than her share of hardships. The early stages of her life were spent in an orphanage and as if that wasn't cruel enough, she ends up divorcing her husband after their son suddenly dies. Since then she has been totally devoted to her career and her fashion shows. On one such trip to Paris, her favorite city, she meets Dr. Jean Charles Vernier when she unexpectedly falls violently sick. He is the handsome and polite doctor who stands by Timmie comforting and assuring her. Although he is married with kids, he doesn't seem particularly happy and Timmie finds herself falling in love with him even when she is back home. They have a long distance relationship when the doctor confesses that he cannot severe his family relationships abruptly in spite of his desolate marriage. Do they get together or does Timmie face yet another heartbreak? I leave it to the readers to find out.

As for my experience regarding this book, it was a relief when it was over. The passages are so repetitive that I thought of skipping pages! But I didn't. Probably that's why it took me so long to finish this book. Danielle Steel's narrative is so boring, with repeating the same things over and over again. Half way through the story, I almost thought of abandoning the book.

I would not recommend this book and definitely will think twice before reading another Danielle Steel. Repetitive and painfully slow.








Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular posts from this blog

Paths of Glory

Book Review: Death Unmasked

The Immortals of Meluha